Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Under the Pines in Romance

Where is your peaceful spot? Where do you go in your mind, or memory, for that quiet moment of relaxation? Do you go the ocean? The mountains? Is it snowing? Or, are you in a field of wildflowers?  I ask because I truly want to know.  I want to know what you find peaceful?

Close your eyes, okay, just figuratively close them or you won't be able to read this. Imagine a dirt road, it is a hot July afternoon, but there is a slight breeze.  You are sitting a blanket in the grass under some tall pines and you can hear them and only them as the breeze blows the needles.  For the pines block out all noise and it is very cool, almost chilly.  That is my peaceful spot.  It is the spot I go to when I close my eyes and try to block the world out.  I take deep breaths and close my eyes to block out the world, so that I can find peace.

The spot exists in my childhood memories of being at Grandma Hazel's house.  There were pine trees in her front yard where my cousin and I would have picnics.  We would have a blanket, lemonade, and sandwiches on the hot July days when I visited.  And, those are the memories that bring me comfort in times of despair.

Where is your peaceful spot?

No comments:

Post a Comment