Monday, April 16, 2012

Confetti in process

2" Squares Hand-Pieced Confetti Quilt

My Great-Grandmother was a quilter and my mom is to this day, so quilts have always been part of my life.  Many family members of mine are quilters.  To me quilts have always told a story of family stages.  My mom is a gatherer/re-purpose quilter.  I can look at her quilts and see my clothing from childhood and dresses or shirts that were worn by members of the family.

My first major piece that I have started is a Confetti Quilt.  I saw one online and thought it would be beautiful hand-pieced, so that is my goal.  I will eventually hand-quilt it, also.  Periodically, I plan on posting pictures of it here, so that I can be held accountable. I did cheat on part of it; I bought the squares off of Ebay.  *shhhhh* please don't get onto me for that little indiscretion. So, if you would ask me about my progress, I would appreciate it.

If you knew how many quilts that I have in some stage of completion, you would understand.  Just an idea of how many I have...there's the Patriotic Quilt, the TWO Sunbonnet Sues, the nine-patch, the sunflower quilt, the...well, you get the idea. 

Grandma Hazel was not a quilter, but sewed mostly out of need.  She patched Grandpa's overalls and shirts as needed.  She sometimes made clothing, too.  I am proud to own her singer sewing cabinet and her sewing chair; they mean so much to me.

Do you quilt? How many do you have ISSOC(In Some Stage of Completion)?

No comments:

Post a Comment